Finn Ryder Directional Consulting has fifteen years of innovative directional drilling services and solutions for clients across five continents, eleven countries, in offshore, land, desert, jungle and Arctic environments. It’s the understanding of the entire drilling process that ensures the client achieves results.
Eastern Canada 2006-2016
- Tenure: 10 years, mostly on Hibernia Platform, with 94 wells drilled to date.
- Led jobs drilling high difficulty Anti-collision ERD wells on a 64-slot platform.
- Provided clients with high quality, real time drilling services including:
- Directional Drilling
- Directional Surveys
- Anti-collision Services
Western Canada 2008-2012
- Conducted Horizontal Well types on a multi-well pad in Northern BC in 2012.
- Conducted a multi-well project in Rocky Mountain House as Second and Lead Directional Driller in 2008.
Gulf of Mexico 2008
Acted as a second Directional Driller on projects for Exxonmobil, Walter Oil and Gas. Project for Walter Oil and gas was in deep water as a real-time seismic drilling well.
U.S. Land 2001-2007
- Tenure: 6 years.
- Led Schlumberger measurements while drilling.
- Logging while drilling at well site in land operation.
- Provided formation evaluation, drilling optimization and technical support of drilling.
- Quality control and interpretation of all wellsite logs and final deliverables. Conducted reduced crew operations as a Duel Service Specialist.
- Performing Directional Drilling as well as lead MWD at well site.
- Worked throughout several states performing reduced crew operations acting as a Directional Driller and MWD specialist.
- Mentored Junior MWD and breakout Directional Drillers.
Lead hand on 2 horizontal wells for Qatar Petroleum. Utilizing SLB Vortex Xceed rotary assembly.
Completed J-type well utilizing SLB Vortex Rotary assembly and consulted on proper bit selection for SLB assembly. Result: successful, higher ROP well sections
- Completed successful Horizontal Well on a SLB IPM project for Shell.
- Worked with Shell’s Drilling optimization Team from Houston Texas and Shell Engineer on Site.
- Mentored Junior Directional Driller and MWD engineers
Brought in on request of district to complete and prepare for SLB Archer Sidetrack off a Whipstock. Consulted and prepared project.
Completed two horizontal wells utilizing SLB mud motors and Powerdrive Assemblies as lead hand.
Conducted directional drilling operations utilizing SLB mud motors and Powerdrive assemblies to complete wells for Total and National drilling companies
North Sea 2010-2013
Several loan outs during that period working with Exxonmobil and Total in the Scottish and Dutch sectors. Multiple well types.
- Lead MWD specialist on a series of wells.
- Lead MWD and junior Directional Driller for SLB IPM project